Espresso BellaVitano® & Pecan Muffins
The perfect way to enjoy our Espresso BellaVitano® for breakfast!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2.5 oz. Sartori® Espresso BellaVitano® cheese, grated
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven 375°. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- Place the butter & sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment & beat on high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, again scraping down the sides of the bowl & mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla & milk; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, espresso powder, cranberries, pecans, & cheese in a large bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the butter mixture into the flour mixture just until the batter comes together (do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough).
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake 20-25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown & slowly spring back when touched lightly in the center. Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the cups.